RedShelf’s platform is accessible anywhere with an internet connection. The hardware and software requirements for our platform are pretty standard.
Here are some quick links to download our recommended browsers (we highly recommend Google Chrome):
- Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Mozilla Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/downloads/safari
Required Hardware and Software
All RedShelf eBooks are accessible through our browser-based platform. You can access your eBook on any device that has a modern browser capable of rendering HTML-5 content.
The only exception is for Internet Explorer. We have removed support for IE (including version 11). Any version of Internet Explorer being used to view our eBooks will be directed to upgrade. The screen will look like the following:
Since our platform is browser-based, an app is not required. To wrap our site in an app on an iOS device's home screen, follow these instructions from informit.com.
If you are using Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads, these must be running iOS 10+.
Kindles must have a browser to support our platform.
Recommended Hardware and Software
We do recommend certain hardware and software in addition to the above requirements:
- For intense study sessions, RedShelf recommends laptops and desktops. These devices allow for the best highlighting and note-taking experience.
- RedShelf recommends using the latest version of modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge) available on your device to avoid usability errors related to browser configurations. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft and is not recommended.