- What information does RedShelf collect?
- How will RedShelf use all this information?
- Will RedShelf share any of your personal information?
- How can you retract your consent to this Privacy Notice?
- What data security does RedShelf have in place?
- What rights do you have as an international user?
RedShelf highly values and respects your privacy and places significant importance on maintaining the privacy of all users. This Privacy Notice explains what types of data we collect, how we use and share it and what your choices are with respect to that data.
What information does RedShelf collect?
We collect personal information and other non-public data you provide us when creating an account, making a purchase, using the eReader and visiting the website, among others. We may collect user information such as your user name, email address, date of birth, phone number, mailing address or billing address, among others. We may collect access rights information and user content such as notes, highlights and other digital annotations, among others. We may collect metadata such as browser type, device type, internet protocol address (IP address) and navigation data, among others.
The answers outlined below only apply to you if you are a "B2C" End User, which means you purchased your content: (a) on redshelf.com; (b) on a institution.redshelf.com domain for your institution or bookstore, or (c) as an access card that you redeemed on redshelf.com. If you are an “Inclusive Access Student”, please review the article on our Privacy Notice Overview for Inclusive Access.
How will RedShelf use all this information?
We use the collected information to provide the services you’ve requested, improve our products and services, market our products and take note of your preferences to provide the best user experience possible. Usage cases may include:
- Authenticating you as an end user and verifying your access rights
- Preventing and addressing fraud, security, copyright or technical issues
- Communicating about customer experience issues, account activity or general updates
- Improving RedShelf products and services
- Retargeting redshelf.com visitors with ads based on site behaviors
We will not use any personal information to serve third-party advertisements or marketing on our own website or Platform. We will not sell your personal information to any third-parties.
Will RedShelf share any of your personal information?
We will not sell, disclose or share any personal information with any third-party unless permitted by the terms of the Privacy Notice. Permitted disclosures may include:
- Requirement by law
- Exchanges with educational and content service partners when required for integration, accounting or reporting purposes
- In the event of a merger/sale
- Sharing de-identified information
How can you retract your consent to this Privacy Notice?
What data security does RedShelf have in place?
We use a combination of physical, managerial and technical safeguards to protect our security and your personal information. However, it’s up to you to maintain the secrecy of your login information and make sure this information is up-to-date at all times.
What rights do you have as an international user?
All RedShelf users are subject to this Privacy Notice and all data will be transferred to the United States regardless of your location when accessing our Platform.