If you receive a “You’ve been logged out” message, it may suggest a hang up between our platform and your device. This may have been caused by:
- A long period of inactivity. To avoid this, interact with your content regularly while you’re reading.
- Using more than one device or browser. To avoid this, only login with one device or browser at a time.
- Another user logging into your account. To avoid this, make sure no one else is using your account.”
If you receive this message, try logging back into RedShelf. If that doesn’t work, please try the following steps:
- Clear your session.
- Ensure that you are NOT following a previously bookmarked link. The authentication requires that you access your library fresh for each reading session.
- Clear your browser cache. Don’t know how? Read an article from Indiana University
- Disable ad blockers. These can often block necessary items from loading.
- Try another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
If those steps don't help, we need you to perform a browser trace in Google Chrome to sort out the issue.
Performing a Browser Trace
1. Click on Menu icon and Select the More Tools Option (Opening the developer tools can also be done through pressing the F12 key on your keyboard)
2. If you don't see the Chrome menu button, such as a pop-up window, right mouse click on the chrome window header to open the menu and select "Show as Tab" to get the standard Chrome window.
3. Click on Developer tools
4. Check the box to Preserve Log for the Network Tab
5. Go to the page you are having issues with and once the issue occurs please right click in the area shown below and click “save as HAR with content”
6. Please send the HAR to our team.
...and we will follow up with more information!