You know the scenario... it’s syllabus week and your professor just announced that a giant textbook is required for the course. You roll your eyes at the thought of trekking to the bookstore (and sacrificing an arm and a leg to pay) for this course material. Luckily for you, that heavy book can be accessed weightlessly (and more cost-effectively) online via this little company called RedShelf. Hi, nice to meet you!
Here’s how it works:
- Take the card from the bookstore shelf to the register. It should look like this (black cards for eBooks, and purple ones for courseware):
- After checking out, you’ll receive one of the following receipts (depending on the point-of-sale system your bookstore uses):
- A receipt with a sixteen-digit code to redeem on RedShelf.com.
- Or a receipt with instructions and a “goo.gl” link at the bottom. Follow the instructions to redeem your book onto your shelf.
- Take the code you received from the bookstore or the goo.gl URL and navigate to https://redshelf.com/
- Click “Log In” in the top right corner. From there, a box will pop up and present a few options to meet your needs:
- Need to log in? Enter the username and password you chose when you created your RedShelf account.
- Need to create an account? Click Create an Account (highlighted) beneath the “Log In" button. https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003799613-Create-An-Account
- Need to reset the password for an existing account? https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003789854-Reset-My-Password
- Need to change the email/username for your existing account? https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003768813-Change-My-Username
- After you’ve logged in or created an account, click your name in the top right corner and select “My Shelf.”
- In the center of the page, under the header, you'll find a box that says 'Redeem your RedShelf Access Code'. Enter your code in this box and click the arrow to the right of it to redeem your code!
- If code pops up as “Invalid” or “Already Redeemed”, your bookstore may have redeemed it for you. That makes your life easier! Scroll down a little bit to see it. If it’s not there, there may be a deeper issue with the code. In that case, reach out to redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we’ll investigate!
- If you’ve done everything correctly, you’ll see the cover of that heavy book you almost bought sitting on “My Shelf” - now you can “Start Reading”!
- Something get lost in translation? Let us know! https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new