For additional reference, download the MBS Manual using the link at the end of this article.
How to grow digital sales?
- Adopt only digital titles
- Adopt digital as “required” and print as "choice" or "optional"
How to prevent discontinued title issues?
- In MBS there’s a flag that says “OE” - if you see a title with this, some campuses won’t adopt that eBook to avoid issues of it potentially being removed from sale
What to do when there’s a transaction failure?
- When these occur it is recommended to reach out to MBS Support and have them investigate the issue
What is recommended for day to day maintenance?
- Run "discontinued title report" every day during Rush
- Check discontinued titles if they’re available on RS’s site to see if they were actually removed or if there was an issue
- As you see titles in this report remove them from the website
How do you ensure price updates are refreshed in your system?
- This should update automatically with your RedShelf/MBS integration
- If not, reach out to MBS to get this feature updated
What is required to sell a course pack through the POS?
- 978 ISBN is required
Tips for stores with digital shelf tags
- Make sure to have the eBook adopted for every section of the print; otherwise, it will not show up on the in-store digital tags
For more information, download the manual provided by your POS partner, linked below.
What do I do if a student experience's a 500 error trying to access there purchase?
- Ask the student which email they used to purchase the title.
- Once the student provides you with that email, please confirm that they did make a purchase using that email.
- Let the student know that they need to use the email that they purchased with to log in to RedShelf to access their account to prevent the 500 error.
- If they do not remember their password or are having issues logging in, the bookstore can reach out to us at email@example.com or the student can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MBS Support Contact Information for further troubleshooting:
Ext 4 for POS
Ext 5 for POS Emergency