Follow the step-by-step instructions below to add the RedShelf LTI tool to a course shell in Brightspace / D2L. You may also view the video below for a demonstration.
- Sign into Brightspace / D2L
- Select your course from the drop-down menu in the top-level toolbar
- Click "Content" in the upper-left corner
- Click "Add a new module"
- Add a module name
- Click enter
- Click existing activities
- Select "External Learning Tools"
- Select the "RedShelf eBooks" LTI link
- To check your work, select "View as Student" in the upper-right corner
- Click "Content"
- View the module you just created on the left-hand side
- If your institution has enabled deep linking, you may run into a screen like the one below during this process. The purpose of this feature is to allow instructors to link directly to a certain page or location in a RedShelf ebook. If you're not interested in this feature, simply select My Shelf and continue.
- You will get an error if you try to access the RedShelf tool in student view. However, the student experience is almost identical to professor or TA experience. The only difference is that students see an option to opt-out if opting is enabled via RedShelf.