Screen Reader software compatible with RedShelf:
You can also use native screen reading tools built into your device:
- Mac/iPad/iPhone users can turn on the built-in read-aloud app called VoiceOver.
- Here's how: Mac OS VoiceOver Info Guide
- Windows users can turn on their built-in read-aloud software called Narrator.
- Here's how: Getting Started with Windows Narrator (Works best in Edge Browser)
And the following browser extensions:
- Kurzweil users can activate the Kurzweil Read the Web plug-in with our reader in the Chrome browser for titles in EPUB format.
- Here's how: Read the Web for Google Chrome
- Note: Users will need a Kurzweil login from their school to use this plug-in
- Firefox / Read Aloud TTS Voice Reader
- Chrome / Natural Reader Text to Speech
- You can also download the Natural Reader app via their website.
- Edge / Read&Write for Microsoft Edge
Additional Support for Students Needing Accommodations
If these options do not meet your needs, please fill out our accessibility request form and our Accessibility Director will work with the publisher to release an accessible file to you. Please note that RedShelf needs to coordinate with your school's Disability Services Office in order to provide additional files or resources. If you are currently registered, please let us know who you work with at your school - name and email would be most helpful!