Log In Process
To safely and securely access Adoptions, follow the steps below:
- When your bookstore is ready for your submissions, you will receive an email with a link for access to the Adoptions area of RedShelf Manager.
- Once you have clicked the link, you will be taken to the RedShelf Manager login page. Enter your email address (use the address that is listed as the recipient of the Request Email.)
- After entering your email address, a verification code will be sent to your inbox. Navigate back to your email to retrieve the code.
- Input the code on the login page. Your Adoptions landing page will then appear with all of your assigned course sections.
When your bookstore is ready to begin collecting adoptions for a given academic term, you will receive a notification via email. This will include a list of your assigned course sections for the term. As a default, you will also receive daily email reminders to complete your submission, which will terminate when all required and assigned tasks have been completed.
How to Submit an Adoption
After logging into RedShelf Manager, you will be brought to your Adoptions landing page. Here, you will see all courses and sections currently assigned to you. To begin a submission, select Adopt Materials on the desired course row.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Select Sections: Select the sections you’d like to work on. Select courses and group them based on the usage of the same material. If you do not require course materials, select No Materials to Adopt and Submit with No Adoptions.
- Add Materials: There are three different methods for inputting materials:
- My Previously Approved Materials tab: If you are a returning Adoptions user, materials that were approved for use in previous terms will display here for a selection
- Search for Materials: Utilize our database with all nationally available titles to find your desired material
- Alternate Materials: Provide title information using our manual entry method for textbooks not found using search, OER, coursepacks, or even course supplies
- Define Material Preferences: This section will help your bookstore understand what is required for your course on top of just the material you are using.
- Regardless of your method of input, once desired materials are found, click Add to Sections.
- Once your selections are complete, click Review Sections in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Review your selections: If anything needs adjusting, select the step you’d like to return to and edit. Once selections have been reviewed, click Adopt Section Materials to complete your adoption submission.