After you "Create (New) Term" in RedShelf Adopt (per the RedShelf Adopt Walkthrough), you may see that only the Term Data (courses and sections) imported -- but perhaps you were expecting past Adoptions to come along with?
At this time, the "Create (New) Term" action will import Term Data, but it will not auto-populate your past Adoptions. By de-coupling the two functions, bookstore managers are able to manually select their new term's adoptions, in case an edition or other factor changes.
However, RedShelf understands that bookstore managers might not want to manually enter hundreds of records. If you'd like to merge past Adoptions into your newly imported Term Data:
- Revisit the "Term Management" section in the left sidebar and select "Pull (Historical) Term via POS Import."
- Choose the term you'd like to import historical data from (e.g. "Spring 2019").
- Once completed, you should receive an email (please check your spam folder!).
- Navigate to "View/Edit Adoptions" in the left sidebar and click the section number for the course you'd like to import a past Adoption into. It may take 10-15 seconds for the next screen to load.
- Scroll down to the Materials section to "Select a previous term" and choose the term from which you'd like to copy past Adoptions:
- Once you select a past term and "Copy Adoptions," you should see the course's past Adoptions!
We're happy to help! To get to the right folks, please specify "I need RedShelf Adopt support" when you submit a request.