Students love the fact that they don’t have to carry their hardcover books around everywhere…having physical pages in front of you can be nice sometimes, though. Many (but not all) RedShelf eBooks offer various print capabilities for this very reason! Here is a quick overview of how it works:
- Select the content you would like to print
- Download the PDF of your selection
- Print through your browser!
Note: Processing any pages as a print job, regardless of whether you physically print them, makes your purchase ineligible for refund. Our refund policy can be found here: https://redshelf.com/refunds/
How to Know Your eBook is on Version 6 of our Platform
When you click 'Start Reading' or 'View eBook' your loading graphic will be four blinking blue dots as pictured below.
The URL will include “r/s/0/doc/” as well - for example:
How to Print
- The first step in the process is knowing whether your eBook’s publisher has included a print allowance. To check those digital rights, click “View Book Details" on the right side of the page.
- That'll take you to the Book Details page where the print allowance is next to the logo of a printer and the word “Printing” under the title “eBook Features”
- If you don’t see the printer logo or the word “Printing,” the publisher has not included print capability with this book"
- Go back to "My Shelf" and click "Start Reading."
- When you're in the book, click the four horizontal bars in the top left corner of the screen to open the main menu.
- Partway down the list, you'll see another printer icon next to the word "Print"
- If using a Web Narrator, listen for the word “Print”
- Click the print button to bring up the “Print Menu”, then click the large blue button labeled “Create New Print" located below the header “Print from your current section”. Before moving to the next step, please notice a few things:
- The printing percentage allowance given by the publisher
- Print allowance used
- Print allowance remaining
- Any previous print jobs (in this case, none)
- After you click “Create New Print” a drop down menu will appear letting you choose which sections you would like to print.
- Note: Not all books will give the option to print in page numbers, some will only give option to print sections of the book (which can be viewed through the table of contents).
- After you choose your selection, you will notice your print bar fill according to the size of your print job. This indicates how much of your allowed print percentage you have used as well as how much you have left.
- You will be given the option to print your selection with or without the notes and highlights you have created inside the E-Reader.
- Once you’ve confirmed your print selection, go ahead and click “Continue” which will be the button next to “confirm your print selection”.
- After clicking “Continue” a notification will appear stating
- “Once you print from your content, you will no longer be able to request a refund.”
- If you’re happy and ready to print, click “Continue”.
- The last step is to adjust your print preferences as desired and finally press “Print!”
- If you’re having trouble seeing where your browser saves the PDF, these articles can provide guidance:
Questions? Ask away - we're happy to help!