For a visual walkthrough of our Copy/Paste feature, check out our tutorial page.
Checking Your eBook’s Copy/Paste Allowance
Since not all publishers include a copy/paste allowance for all books, RedShelf notifies you if your book has copy/paste capabilities.
To check your eBooks Copy/allowance,
1. Navigate to your Shelf and select View Book Details on the right side of the page.
2. Under eBook Features, locate the label Copy/Paste with the clipboard icon next to it.
Your print allowance is to the right of the Copy/Paste label. You allowance is the percentage of the book you can copy/paste.
If you don’t see the clipboard icon, the publisher does not offer copy/paste capabilities for the particular title.
Copying/Pasting from Your eBook
If your eBook has a copy/paste allowance, the process begins the same as highlighting!
1.Click and hold the text with your left mouse button (or tap and hold on your touchscreen device), then drag over the words you'd like to copy.
2. In the task box that appears, click Copy.
3. Copying cannot be undone, so the eReader presents a preview of the text to confirm you'd like to go through with the process. Click Confirm when you're sure!
4. Select Copy to Clipboard to copy the selected text onto your computer’s clipboard.
5. From there, paste the text into the document of your choice.
Reviewing Copied Content
If you ever want to review your copied content or copy it again, select the sidebar menu icon and click Copied Content from the menu.
You can also toggle the Show Copied Content indicator to remove the gray lines that show what exactly you've already copied.
Troubles with the process? Give us a shout!