While switching devices or opening new sessions, your device's authentication with RedShelf may hiccup and need to be re-established. If you receive an "Unauthorized" or "Server Error" (or a message that claims you're on two devices at once), please attempt these steps (in this order):
- turn off private browsing
- https://platform.virdocs.com/logout/ will clear your session
- ensure that you are NOT following a previously bookmarked link. The authentication requires that you access https://www.redshelf.com/library/ fresh for each reading session.
- clear your browser cache (not just history)
- restart your device
- try another browser
- update your preferred browser or device's operating system
- try a different device to confirm that the error is on RedShelf's side
If these tips are unsuccessful, please let us know by sending the following information:
- Device type (PC, Mac, iPad, Pixel 2, etc)
- Operating System (Windows 7, Mac OS Sierra, iOS 11, etc)
- Browser type (Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc)
- Browser version (find out here)
If you are getting this error on your iPad, it might be due to the age of your device. 4th generation iPads and older are capped at iOS 9,while RedShelf uses HTML-5 engines that require iOS 10+. Any issues you might have in connecting to the platform would have to do with this. Find out your iPad's model here.