If your eBook has an Offline access allowance, that means you can save a portion of your book in the cache of your browser for easy access when you're without Internet connectivity.
Please note: You must have an Internet connection while activating Offline mode. The content will then download into your browser cache -- then you will be able to access your content through the special link without a network. Clearing your browser cache may disrupt the Offline functionality.
For convenience and Accessibility, here is a transcript of the above video:
- (INTRO) This video explains how to determine offline mode allowances and how to select text to download in the RedShelf eReader
- With Offline mode enabled, you’ll be able to access portions of your eBook through your web browser even when you don’t have an internet connection
- RedShelf eBooks have varying offline allowances depending on individual publisher’s settings, ranging up to 100% offline
- You can find your eBook’s offline allowance by going to My Shelf and selecting View Book Details
- If your eBook has an offline allowance, in the eReader go to the Main Menu and select Offline
- To choose offline text, under Start select the section where you’d like to begin
- Under End, select the section where you’d like the text to end
- Under these options you’ll see the percentage of content that is available offline at one time as well as the offline duration
- In the Start and End options, percentages are listed for each section -- these must fall within the offline percentage in order to go offline
- Once you’ve made your selection, select Check Out This Selection to Use Offline
- You’ll see the selection being downloaded, with a message saying ‘You are now ready to read offline’ once the text is ready
- Once downloaded, you’ll receive a link to access your offline content
- Bookmark this link in your web browser - we recommend Chrome -- to access this once you’re offline
- In offline mode, you’re still able to create and edit highlights, notes, bookmarks and citations -- these will transfer to your eBook o nce you’re back online
- To view the days remaining for your offline session or to clear the session, go to the Main Menu and select Offline
- You can view the remaining days for your current session
- To remove this offline content, select Clear Session
- From there, you can select a new selection of content to download Offline
- For additional videos, resources and FAQs on the RedShelf eReader, visit redshelf.zendesk.com
If you have any troubles with this process, please let us know!